So how much do I love interviewing interesting and passionate people about national film archives?
A whole LOT! With thanks to Devin Orgeron, editor of The Moving Image (University of Minnesota Press), for enabling this series of
With this rolling project, I get to interview leading archivists from around the globe, and to hear how covid is impacting the exhibition, distribution, and (above all) care of the people and materials in their archive. So far, I have interviewed:
1. Meg Labrum, National Film and Sound Archive of Australia, Zoom interview with the author, May 6, 2020.
2. Matteo Pavesi, Cineteca italiana ,Zoom interview with the author, April 22, 2020, translation mine.3. In Press: Shivendra Singh Dungarpur, Director, Film Heritage Foundation, Mumbai
4. In Press: Sungji Oh, Korean Film Archive
5. Haden Guest, Director, Harvard Film Archive
6. Mike Mashon, Head, Moving Image Section, Library of Congress
As I conclude my first article, published last year (2020):